TL Aspire overview
TL Aspire is a non-selective programme designed for groups of up to 16 teachers who have shown the potential to become highly effective middle leaders. It focuses on providing aspiring middle leaders with the key tools and theories needed to be a leader of teaching and learning. The programme:
- gives participants the skills and confidence to step into a middle leadership post
- ensures that they are aware of the accountability and moral imperative of the role
- equips them with a set of tools, including a Lesson Study, to make an impact on an area of teaching and learning in school.
Sessions are delivered by an experienced TL facilitator in school or a nominated school if participants come from a cluster of schools.
TL Aspire is available for secondary schools, and can be delivered to a team of teachers from one school or a cluster of schools.
If the programme is being delivered across a cluster of schools, the majority of teachers should come from schools that meet our school eligibility criteria.
In order for Participants to get the most out of the programme, they should meet the following criteria:
- completed their NQT year, or have completed one year of full time teaching
- be a highly effective teacher who strives to achieve the best outcomes and progress for their pupils
- not hold a middle leadership position, nor hold line management responsibility for another teacher.